CS 497: Planning and Decision Making
Information on the Survey/Perspective Paper:
In some sense, the final papers serves as a written form that
evaluates participation in the latter part of the class.
- Each student will be asked to submit a single, brief survey paper
that provides some feedback from the paper presentations and
- The paper is expected to be brief (no more than a few pages).
- It should not be a summary of all papers, but rather a kind of
synthesis of several (at least 3) of the papers that you believe were
nicely related to one another.
- This paper provides you with an opportunity to express your
opinion of an entire collection of papers. Perhaps there are some
general criticisms, concerns, extensions, variations, improvements,
etc. that apply across multiple paper topics.
- Summarizing some of the in-class discussion is acceptable.
- One goal is this paper is to assess breadth of understanding and
general perspective gained from the discussions, as opposed to the
project which involves an in-depth focus on a particular problem.